I’m coming up with a few questions I hope you can help me with:
1. Should we be coming up with a list for the “How Do I…” category or is that something you guys fill in based on the content you’ve received? Does the same go for “Forms and Applications”?
2. I’m assuming I’ll be keeping vacancies and appointments updated for all the boards but is there a way to have one area that will have all vacancies that is linked to each board? Something like “Current Vacancies” that gets updated automatically whenever membership of a board changes? This could be linked to the Volunteer Form on the Selectmen’s page. Can and/or should the same be done for elected officials?
3. We’d like to list the holidays when the Town Hall is closed. I’m not sure where or how to fit this in. Should it just be specified within the calendar or should it be a separate listing? We’re closed: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Day and possibly the day before or after depending on where it falls in the week.
4. For Board and Commission Contacts, what happens if none is specified? Does it just appear as a blank space or will just the members be listed? Should phone numbers of volunteers be listed?
5. It was my understanding that all of the content on our current website would be migrated to our new website. A lot of the information listed as missing in the links report is on our current site, i.e.: Health Department link, Economic Development, Selectmen’s Office, etc. We’d also like our links under “Resident Services” and “Links” on our current site to be migrated, some to “Links” and/or “How Do I”, and “Departments”. Did I misunderstand?
Amy M. Winchell
Deep River Town Clerk
174 Main Street
Deep River, CT 06417