Monday, May 2, 2005 (7am- 8pm)
Council members are up for election this year
Candidates for Town Council must be:
• 21 years of age,
• a citizen of the United States, and
• a registered voter of Cheverly,
• a resident of Cheverly for not less than 6 months, and
• a resident of the ward from which they are elected (at least 45 days before the date of the election).
FILING INSTRUCTIONS: Filing forms may be obtained at the Town Office during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM) Call 301-773-8360. Completed forms must be returned to the Town Office no later than 5:00PM, Friday, March 18, 2005.
NOTE: Pictures & Profiles of Candidates are run in the April Newsletter. They must be submitted with the nominating petition or by the filing deadline (March 18).
• Candidate Profiles must be brief (no longer than 350 words). Profiles will appear as written. They will not be edited or corrected; however, if the profile is too long, staff will have to shorten it by cutting it off at the paragraph closest to the limit.
• Picture should be a closeup—will be cropped to about 2”x2”
If possible, please submit the profile and the picture on a disk. Please save them as separate files; the profile as a WORD document and the picture as a JPEG file, if possible. Contact the Town Clerk at 301-773-8360.