Reconstruction of the Metrorail system will continue over this weekend. More information about this weekend’s track work can be found at wmata.com.
Federal Triangle-Foggy Bottom Shutdown
7:00 a.m. Saturday, April 29 – closing, Sunday, April 30
· Stations Closed: Farragut West, McPherson Sq, Metro Center (lower level platform)
· Free shuttle buses will replace trains and operate in two patterns:
o Local route: operating both directions between Foggy Bottom and Federal Triangle with intermittent stops at Farragut West, McPherson Sq and Metro Center. Please add 10 minutes of travel time for each station stop.
o Limited route: operating in a one-way loop stopping at Foggy Bottom, Metro Center and Federal Triangle. Please add 20 minutes of travel time for each stop.
· Orange, Blue and Silver Line trains will operate differently all weekend:
o Orange Line: Trains will operate in two segments - between Vienna & Foggy Bottom every 20 minutes and between Federal Triangle & New Carrollton every 15 minutes.
o Blue Line: Trains will operate in two segments - between Franconia-Springfield & Foggy Bottom every 20 minutes and between Federal Triangle & Largo Town Center every 15 minutes.
o Silver Line: Trains will operate every 20 minutes between Wiehle-Reston East & Ballston only. Customers traveling to/from other stations should use Orange and/or Blue Lines to complete their trip. At Ballston, transfer between Silver and Orange line trains on the same platform.
· On Saturday and Sunday nights, some last train departure times have been adjusted on the Orange, Blue and Silver Lines.
o Orange Line: Last train from Vienna to Foggy Bottom will depart 10 minutes earlier than normal and the last train from New Carrollton to Federal Triangle will depart 11 minutes earlier than normal.
o Blue Line: Last train from Franconia-Springfield to Foggy Bottom will depart 30 minutes earlier than normal.
· On Saturday from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., street closures due to the People’s Climate March may affect bus shuttles between Metro Center and Federal Triangle.
· Note that SafeTrack Surge #14 is still in effect on the Green Line. For more information about Surge #14, visit wmata.com/safetrack.