Town of Cheverly
News and Announcements
High-Speed Superconducting Magnetic Levitation (SCMAGLEV) Train
Open House Round Two (Thursday 6 April, ANYTIME from 5:30-7:30pm — Town Hall)
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) are preparing an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) toevaluate the potential impacts of constructing and operating a high-speed superconducting magnetic levitation (SCMAGLEV) system proposed by the private company, Baltimore Washington Rapid Rail (BWRR), between Washington, DC, and Baltimore, Maryland, with an intermediate stop at BWI Marshall Airport.
In December 2016, the FRA and MDOT held the first round of Open Houses on the SCMAGLEV project.
You are now invited to attend the second round of Open Houses.
Because it is an open-house format, not a formal presentation, you may join us at any time between the hours listed!
At the Open House you can review and comment on the:
- Results of the first round of Open Houses
- Draft Purpose and Need statement
- Preliminary alternatives under consideration
- Methodology for screening preliminary alternatives
- Engineering, community and environmental issues
- We welcome your input and encourage you to identify and discuss project-related issues throughout the planning process.
Can’t attend? Meeting materials also will be posted on the SCMAGLEV website:
Looking forward to seeing you there!