Inauguration Day Travel Information – Friday, January 20
Hours and Service
· Metrorail is open 4 a.m. - midnight with rush-hour service and peak fares from opening until 9 p.m.
· Yellow Line Rush+ service will be in effect 4 a.m. - 9 p.m. between Franconia-Springfield and Greenbelt stations.
· Metrobus will operate Saturday Supplemental service (Saturday schedule with additional trips on some routes). Customers should check their timetable for details. Expect major Metrobus detours and turn-backs in the National Mall area.
Changes and Closures
· For security reasons, Archives, Federal Triangle, Mt Vernon Sq, Pentagon and Smithsonian stations will be closed on Inauguration Day. Plan to use other stations.
· Several downtown Metrorail station entrances will be designated as “entry only” or “exit only” to safely manage crowds.
· Some escalators will be intentionally turned off to regulate the flow of customers.
· Pennsylvania Ave NW will be closed between the Capitol and White House for the Inaugural Parade.
· Many Metrobus routes will operate on detours or will operate in segments due to road closures near the National Mall.
New! Women’s March on Washington – Saturday, January 21
· Metrorail will open two hours early -- at 5:00 a.m. – this Saturday.
· Metrorail will run on an “enhanced Saturday schedule”, adding up to two dozen additional trains, to accommodate those attending the Women’s March on Washington.
Metro expects high ridership on Inauguration Day and Saturday. Be prepared for long lines, crowded trains and buses, and intermittent delays. For more information about rail and bus service, parking information, and travel tips, visit wmata.com/inauguration.
Upcoming 2017 SafeTrack Surge Update
Metro has released schedule information for the remaining SafeTrack surges between February and June 2017. Additional information on each surge, including rail service, supplemental bus service and other travel alternatives, will be provided online at wmata.com/safetrack, prior to each surge.
· February 11-28: Blue Line Shutdown (Rosslyn - Pentagon)
· March 4-April 9: Blue/Yellow Line Single Tracking (Braddock Rd - Huntington/Van Dorn Street)
· April-May (Dates TBD): Green Line Single Tracking (Greenbelt - College Park)
· May-June (Dates TBD): Orange Line Single Tracking (Minnesota Ave – New Carrollton)
· June (Dates TBD): Red Line Single Tracking (Shady Grove – Twinbrook)