SafeTrack Surge #11: Continuous Single Tracking, West Falls Church to East Falls Church, November 28-December 21
Reminder: Metrorail now closing at midnight Friday and Saturday nights
Beginning at 5:00 a.m. next Monday, November 28 until closing, Wednesday, December 21, Orange Line trains will continuously single track between West Falls Church and East Falls Church.
Weekday train service will operate as follows:
· Orange Line trains will run every 20 minutes between Vienna and New Carrollton.
· Silver Line trains will run every 20 minutes between Wiehle-Reston East and Largo Town Center.
Weekend train frequencies may change to coordinate with other planned track work on the Metrorail system. Weekend service information is posted in the Alerts & Advisories section of Metro’s website.
· Limited free weekday rush hour Metrobus shuttle service will operate on the following routes:
o Ballston - Virginia Sq - Clarendon - Courthouse - Rosslyn
o Ballston - Virginia Sq - Clarendon - Pentagon
· Fairfax Connector will operate special weekday rush hour express shuttle bus service between Vienna and Pentagon.
· Enhanced bus service will be offered on Metrobus 5A, 3Y, 2A, 38B and Fairfax Connector 599.
· Customers who normally use the Orange and Silver Lines should consider alternate boarding locations or use other travel alternatives like VRE or MARC listed on wmata.com/safetrack.
**NOTE** Due to a severe reduction in service, Orange and Silver Line trains may be extremely crowded. Customer should also expect crowding on Blue Line trains between Rosslyn and Stadium-Armory due to the reduced capacity on Orange and Silver Lines. Metro riders who have the ability to do so should consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush hour if possible.
A full list of travel alternatives and additional information is posted at wmata.com/safetrack. The current schedule of all Safety Surges is available on WMATA’s website.