WSSC Tree Removal
Resident’s reported that WSSC was slated to remove all trees from the East Side of the 2700 block of Belleview Avenue on 9/7/2013.
Discussions with Town Staff and WSSC confirm the following:
- WSSC received a permit from the Town to remove two trees in the 2700 Block because they were located at the intersection of the main line and the residents lateral feed.
- In one instance the water connection was located within the base of the tree stump. WSSC normally follows a standard process and obtains a permit from the town, allowing Town Staff to evaluate whether the removal is truly required or if there are other alternative.
- The subcontracted crew on-site miscommunicated the scope of work, which resulted in the confusion. WSSC removed only the two trees that were permitted and then left town.
- The remaining trees in the area will remain as is.
- The Town will work with residents in the area and throughout Town to encourage them to plant a free tree through Cheverly’s Private Yard Tree Planting program.