Impacts from Hurricane Sandy are predicted to begin to hit the local area late Sunday and continue through Wednesday. Due to strong winds and rain officials are predicting possible power outages, tree damage and flooding. CheverlyPublic Works staff are preparing for the storm and will be on-siteas the situation dictates.
Cheverly reminds citizens:
- Please stay away from downed electrical wires.
- Public Works will clear trees on roadways and public property.
- Public Works must wait for Pepco clearance prior to clearing branches that are entwined with wires.
- Pepco reminds residents not to purchase perishable goods prior as they might spoil in a power outage.
- Please clear leaves from storm drains and gutters to prevent flooding.
- Please check News and Announcements after the storm for information regarding yard waste collections.