This will be the last update regarding the aftermath of Hurricane Irene and the impacts in Cheverly. The Town Council and I want to give special “Thank You” to the Public Works and Police Departments who have worked so hard during this period. I also want to “Thank” the Town Council for their efforts to reach out to the community during the storm.
- The Town Offices are OPEN and all phones and computers are working.
- Pepco has addressed most of the outages in town. The Valley Way / Lake Area was corrected yesterday. This morning Pepco addressed the Laurel Ave / Inwood / 63rd Ave outage. Pepco also addressed a small pocket of impacted customers on Lake and Belleview Ave. Currently Pepco is on the scene at 63rd Place.
- This morning Public Works steered St Ambrose traffic away from Joslyn St to avoid a traffic jam 63rd Place. Please continue to avoid this area until 63rd Place is completed.
- Public works continues to clear our streets of branches and debris.
- If you receive this message please forward to friends, neighbors and listservs in the neighborhood
Mayor Michael Callahan