The County Executive’s Office of Community Affairs would like for you to please pass this information along via your list-serves, websites, email etc.. Attached is a copy of the application for distribution. We hope to get this application in the hands of as many residents as possible. As you may know, the scholarship is for high school students in Prince George's County to be presented at the Women's Month Luncheon in March. Here is some information about the scholarship:
Gladys Noon Spellman Scholarship Award (County Resident - Student)
The Gladys Noon Spellman Scholarship Award is presented to graduating seniors who reside in Prince George’s County. The scholarship award amount is $2,000. Applications are due: Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011.
Applications will be accepted prior to the Women’s History Month Luncheon from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be a Prince George's County resident.
- Candidate must be in the 12th grade (accepted into college/or pending).
- Candidate should be planning to major in government, criminal justice, political science, public administration, Fire Science or a health related field.
- Candidate should have outside interests and activities, including community service.
- Candidate must be in good academic standing and demonstrate financial need.
- Candidate must be able to attend the Annual Women's History luncheon on Thursday, March 17, 2011, at 12 p.m.
Here is more information about the Women’s History Month Luncheon: