The Town Clerk supervises the maintenance of permanent records of the town; validates official documents; assists the Administrator and Treasurer in preparation of the Annual Budget and preparation for annual audit; maintains inventory records; prepares and oversees town payroll; maintains personnel records and benefit packages; files required payroll tax reports; receives monies due town; issues residential business licenses; and town building permits; etc.
The Clerk is the Chief Election Clerk and serves as liaison to the Cheverly Board of Election Supervisors; works with the Building Usage Committee to oversee Community Center meeting room scheduling.
The Administrative Offices: Town Administrator; Town Clerk; Town Treasurer -- Residential Customer Service
Answer questions about town government, meetings, agendas, departments, services, resolve complaints and problems, etc.
• Building Permits
• Residential Business Licenses
• Appliance Pickup
• Temporary Parking Permits
• Park Pavilion Reservations
• Municipal Elections
• Vending Permits
• Solicitor Permits
• Sell Clear LEAF BAGS (for recycling)
• Sell Senior METRO Fare Cards ($10)
• Rental Licenses (issued by Code Enforcement)
• Zone Parking Stickers (Issued by Police Department)